We're all set for the big day! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful smiles and having some fun with Florian from France!
#AnneEtValentin #Theo #DelightedToBeYourself #BuyLocal #SupportLocalBusiness
Beautiful Anne et Valentin and Theo frames in all shapes and sizes will be here for your viewing (and wearing) pleasure this Friday August 26th. Please join us in this celebration of self expression. Catering by Dolce Vita Bakery Café here in Gainesville. We'd love to see you! Call (352) 271-3338 to schedule an appointment.
On Wednesday, a patient visiting from Germany brought in her childhood frames - which she got from Gainesville Opticians circa 1960! A little piece of history and a joy to see.
- Watch your child for vision troubles including:
* frequent eye rubbing
* squinting, head tilt, or turning to view objects
* Please schedule an appointment if they display any of these.
- The most common conditions that affect a child's vision are:
* Amblyopia (lazy eye)
* Strabismus (crossed eye)
* Color deficiency (color blindness)
* Refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
#SchoolBoardofAlachuaCounty #UniversityofFlorida #SantaFeCollege
Prevent Blindness America has declared August as Children's Eye Health and Safety Month.
- August is here and school is about to start. Your child should have an eye exam before heading back to school.
- It is estimated that 80% of classroom education is visual.
July is UV Safety month. Fascinating Facts About Ultraviolet Light - By Lauren - Board Certified Licensed Optician
-You are at risk for eye damage from UV radiation if you:
*spend long hours in the sun
*use a tanning booth
*live in the US sunbelt
-UV levels are typically greater from 10 AM - 2 PM
-Not all sunglasses block 100% of UV rays
-If you have dark skin and eyes you still need to wear sunglasses
-You can safely go out on sunny days when equipped with the proper eye and skin protection
Fascinating Facts About Ultraviolet Light - By Lauren - Board Certified Licensed Optician
- Sun damage can occur anytime during the year, not just summertime. Be sure to wear UV blocking sunglasses and a broad brimmed hat when you are outside.
- Don't forget kids and older family members; everyone is at risk.
We love glasses and helping people achieve excellent vision and a great look!